State of Clay v0.1.4
This version released 13 December 2016
You awake without memory in a strange land. You can recall two things: how to create golems and how to reduce anything to its magical essence.
This is a very early version of this game! Here's some hints:
- Most buildings will produce nothing unless they have workers in.
- Golems in buildings will usually train their skills and become better workers.
- New buildings can be unlocked via research.
- Excess goods that cannot be stored are turned into essence.
- Golems require mana; if you run out of mana, they will work in the mana well for this cycle at 1/4 efficiency and not consume mana.
WARNING: This game is not stable
- I make no assurances that a savegame from this version will be loadable in future versions.
- There may be a point where I make savegames incompatible on purpose (eg to reset everyone's progress, or because there are too few players to matter at the moment)
- Numbers can and will change wildly - I'm taking a tweak as needed approach to balancing at this point.
- There is a hard limit to progress currently and no reset.
Features that are in the pipeline:
- A method to convert goods to essence which are below the storage limit.
- Breakdown display of storage limits.
- Reset game for a benefit.
- A way to tell how far you are away from being able to build or construct something.
- Quests - long term events with a defined goal.
You can find the complete changelog here and a list of known issues.
(c) Nick Mann 2016